Date Maps is a storytelling project of romantic encounters and the places where they happened.
❤️❤️ Submission guidelines ❤️❤️
– Tell us the curious story of your date or the perhaps tragically failed attempt at one. Stories of any kind are welcome. Everything from funny to appalling or just plain uneventful. The stories can be very recent, or something you remember from your early dating days.
What about privacy?
– Please keep the people in the story anonymous – don’t disclose their name, workplace or other information that might make them easy to identify.
– Only write stories that take place at a public space (bar, park, on the street). If the story ends up in someone's home, you’re welcome to include that part in your story, as long as the pin is not a home address.
– Most stories are around 500-1500 characters, but it can be longer or shorter than that.
More info: https://date-maps.com/faq
- Tell the story of a date or another kind of romantic meeting. You can choose to focus on one specific detail or tell the story from beginning to end. Most of our stories are around 500-1500 characters, but it can be longer or shorter than that.
- You can write your story in any language. Select one of the existing languages from the dropdown, or “Other” if your language is not yet in the list.
- The meetings should take place in a public space (bars, parks, on the street), and not at someone’s home.
- Keep the people in the story anonymous – don’t disclose their name, workplace or other information that might make them easy to identify.If we find that someone’s privacy might be invaded, we reserve the right to edit the story, or remove it altogether.
- If you want to tell us what happened after the meeting (are you now married with five kids and a parrot, or did you never see the person again) you’re welcome to. But sometimes it can also be nice to leave it up to the reader to imagine what happened.
- We love us some juicy details, so feel free to be sexually explicit if you feel like it fits the story.
- If you want to share a story that might be triggering to other readers, we might choose to add a content/trigger warning above your text.