So, why should you care?
We are looking for a person who enjoys technology, working with geolocation data, maps, and most importantly, a person for whom it is important that their work is meaningful and wants to develop themselves and innovative projects for clients around the world.
Our portfolio includes the largest ocean change tracking system OCEARCH Shark Tracker, with several million users, along with other organizations dedicated to sustainability and slowing the extinction of endangered species.
Mapotic is also behind the largest Czech travel app Kudy z Nudy – Tips for trips or “Amazing places“, where we are gradually adding elements to bring tourism to regions, encourage sustainable travel, and create gamification through geolocation. Additionally, we have thousands of other maps and projects where only the imaginations of the users are the limit. The projects we work on must first and foremost make sense and be fun for us.
Work on meaningful things
We help great companies and non-profits with innovative projects increase their impact.
Constantly evolve in what you enjoy
Come in as a seasoned expert, or as someone who is just starting out. Knowing is great, but enthusiasm to learn is even more important.
Work in a team, but from anywhere in the world
Being able to do what you enjoy in an environment that suits you is commonplace in the 21st century.
Mapotic runs as a cloud service with a number of micro-services. The back end is powered by Django and a number of services like Amazon, Google Cloud, Cloudflare, etc. The web front end is in Angular. For map providers, we use Leaflet, Mapbox, HERE maps, Czech layers from mapy.cz or ČÚZK, as well as many other open-source libraries and tools. From the candidate, we expect a good knowledge of React/React Native, in which we create mobile apps. Code is written in TypeScript using other services and libraries such as Firebase, MobX, React Navigation, etc.
What we expect
- Willingness to work in a startup, participate in global product development, innovate, and learn new things
- Experience with REST application development, working with APIs, Git versioning system
- Mid to senior knowledge of React libraries or React native
- Knowledge of Typescript programming language
- Ability to use command line and native emulators
- Independence and basic understanding of UI/UX usability
- Knowledge of Google Firebase, deployment (deploying to stores is an advantage)
- Experience working with structured location data (GeoJson) and map libraries will be appreciated
What we offer
- An open startup company culture built on respect, freedom, and responsibility
- Working with the latest technologies and practices on projects with clients from the Czech Republic to the US
- Freedom and creativity to solve technical problems and improve processes
- Consultation and peer coaching with experienced programmers from our parent company COEX
- Support in self-education and self-actualization (personal development, courses, travel)
- Contribution to project success and employee stock options model
- Offices in Prague, Palmovka, flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely, from home office, or from the beach in Mauritius
- Company Slack where we cover a multitude of topics from investing to DIY and travel
Do you want to participate in the development of an online platform that helps organizations around the world harness the potential of geolocation data? Feel free to email us at [email protected], we’d love to meet you!